The 7 Deadly Sins and the TAO

<b>The 7 Deadly Sins and the TAO</b>
Use the TAO wisdom to overcome the 7 Deadly Sins, and live in reality, instead of in fancy and fantasy.

Monday, July 22, 2019

Parents' Passions

Parents' passions are critical to raising smart kids.

Writing and painting have always been my life passions. I simply like to express my thoughts in words and with colors.
One of  the reasons why I wrote this book is to tell my daughter how I raised her, now that she has become a mother. In addition, I would like to share my past experience with other parents.

I still reminisce that long-ago experience, in particular, my effort in raising my daughter. I learned how to ride a bike so that I could teach her how to ride one. I knew how to float but did not know how to breathe under water; I taught myself how to swim in order to teach her swimming. I took up some piano lessons so that I could fiddle with my fingers on the keyboard while she was practicing her piano lessons. I brushed up my rusty French so that I could help her with her French lessons. I taught her Chinese, one of the most difficult languages in the world; she could recognize more than 500 Chinese words when she was just five-years old. Most importantly, I taught her how to read; she could read when she was two-and-half-years old, and I even wrote a book “How to Teach Children to Read” based on the games and exercises I used to teach her reading skills.
I strongly believe that parents who are passionate about their children’s learning experience can accomplish almost anything with their children, and the sky is the limit.
Let me tell you that the reward is nondescript. In the first few years of her life, I had given her a strong foundation for her intellectual development. The payoff was immense: throughout her elementary and high school years, she was very much on her own, and I did not have to supervise her homework or her academic studies.


Stephen Lau
Copyright© by Stephen Lau

No comments:

Post a Comment